- Site migration, maintenance and updates, debugging, DNS management, site speed optimization, and database cleanup
- Responsive design, SEO best practices, accessibility, and attention to detail
- Custom child themes, theme modifications, hooks/filters, shortcodes, custom post types, page templates, plugin configuration, and API implementation
Master of Social Work
Florida State University
I have over three years experience in building, supporting, and maintaining WordPress sites for a number of digital marketing agencies. I have a proven record for delivering quality work within established timelines. At this point I consider myself fluent in the basics, and I am constantly looking for ways to increase my knowledge and skills. I hope to secure a position to work as a developer full-time.
Senior Web Developer
December 2018 to Present
- Managed a portfolio of over twenty custom sites including the regular maintenance, design updates, and analytics reporting.
- Responded to support inquiries in a timely and courteous manner
- Designed and developed WordPress sites using a variety of page builders, including custom code modifications, custom post types, and the integration of third-party plugins.
- Completed WordPress site builds for service industry clients, implementing custom design and functionality as required
- Assisted in managing the backend of the agency’s sites, including site migration, server issues, and database maintenance
Vidya Yoga & Fitness
This site redesign included new branding, integrating a third-party scheduling tool, and a custom post type to help easily manage the staff bios. The about page has a scrolling logo carousel implemented with the Slick JS library.
Camper Cait & Jerry Berry
The client had clear ideas about the layout of the site, but the graphics and styling were left undecided. This allowed for some fun and creativity with the design! This site includes a custom header which sticks to the top of the screen after scrolling.
Believe it or not this site started with a premade child theme. The final product is only mildly reminiscent of the starting point, but using the layout saved time in the development process. The icon was custom made from the client’s logo.
Rock The Class
After managing a growing audience and side business on a blogspot site for many years Rock The Class now has a clearer user experience and increased functionality. The layout is clean and modern, with some personality added through font choices.
I enjoy being able to use my creativity and love of problem solving to bring someone’s vision to life on the web. Doing web design is the thing that doesn’t ever really feel like work. I am constantly sharpening my skills and eager to learn more. My background as a social worker provides me with the communication and assessment skills necessary to effectively deliver quality work to clients in a timely manner.
In my free time I enjoy reading, trying new restaurants, hiking, and thrift store shopping for oddities. I live with my new puppy, Kali, who is already much bigger than in this picture.